Monday 20 June 2011

I needed a break!

Sorry its been so long I just couldn't put one little grey cell in front of another! My poor little brain just couldn't do what I wanted it to do. I even went off crafting which it quite unusual for me! I did take photographs and on a couple of occasions I did try to write this post, but my body just walked straight past the computer!
Alex and I went to stay with my dad in Okehampton for a couple of very busy days, and came home more tired than when we went, we now need another break to get over that one. I did take some knitting with me to start something but didn't get very far with that either. Now I have had a break perhaps I can now create things. Trouble is I have been reading too many crafting books so now my brain has gone into overdrive again as it works faster than my fingers!


Before I go any further I would like to thank Tracy for my lovely Summer Swap gift. It arrived just before we went away. The name of my blog is a play on words, my surname in fact, but like Tracy our house also resembles the name, or perhaps more like Steptoes Yard in our case but some how I don't think I would have been able to get away with calling my blog that!!! I would love to see what Tracy does with the buttons! Please feel free Tracy to knock on my door when you are next this way...........



On Thursday we packed a few things and travelled to Okehampton to stay with my dad. If you know Okehampton you will know it is a small town on Dartmoor always damp (every time we visit it rains!) and not much there, but I saw these three little piggies. Back in Medieval times pigs were allowed to roam and scavenge the street during daylight hours.


Also on the end of some Terrace Houses is this relief picture.


Thursday dad wanted to visit mums memorial.

Mum died too soon.


On Saturday Alex and I travelled to Tavistock just thirty minutes from Dads.

I read on Sal's blog



about a Vintage Fair at Tavistock town hall.

We left quite early just really to get a parking space as the car park gets full quite early.


After we looked round the Pannier Market, we went for a hot chocolate, well it was a very damp morning for middle of June! Then we mooched around the town a bit, and went t0 the Vintage Fair and then back for a last look in the market.

I found the Craft shop and made a purchase which I will tell you about another day!

10 comments:

  1. Hoorah, you're back! Yes, I remember going to Okehampton once and, although, it didn't rain, it was a grey day. Like the iron pigs. Looking forward to seeing what you got at ye olde vintage fair. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's nice to see you back, i love those pigs in okehampton....thanks for being my summer swap partner glad you liked all your goodies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good break in Okehampton and a visit to Tavistock. IRe the crafting - I sometimes think that we bloggers can suffer from inspiration overload if we are not careful as there are so many wonderfully creative bloggers out there doing some fantastic creating and I don't know about you but I want to have a go at so many different things and in the end do none! Wonder which side of Taunton you live as we might be neighbours as I too live about the same distance from Taunton!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've found your blogging head again. I know what you mean, I quite often go off everything and think I'll never get back to it again. Poor Mr.T can never get the hang of my ups and downs, good job he's a patient man or we would have been divorced years ago. lol
    I love the pigs.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a busy weekend. I love those pigs in Okehampton! ... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see you back and hear you had a good time. Boy that hot chocolate looks good ;-)) Lovely parcel ;-) Look forward to seeing what yo brought at the fair, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sadly lacking mojo at the mo but am having a few days away in south wales to search for new one :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you didn't stay away as long as I have done! I am still AWOL, just can't seem to get back to it, and yet, I still hover about my blog sometimes thinking of the good times!! May be back soon.. Love the pigs! Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a lovely half a day in Okehampton a couple of years back and Tavistock is only about 2 hours from me - I shall have to go visit on one of my jaunts out with my mum

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!