Monday 2 January 2012

Blowing Away the Cobwebs!

The sky went black, it was only just before midday and the heavens opened!  Two minutes later sun was low in sky and very bright.  It was then we decided to go down to the sea just to blow the cobwebs away, back to work tomorrow after being off from the Friday before Christmas. 
Since blogging I have never actually taken photographs of Minehead when the tide was in.  This morning not only was there bright winter sunshine but the tide was in!


Looking towards Butlins (not in the picture)

The from Butlins to the Quay


It was 11.58 when this photograph was taken at the "human" sundial


Although there wasn't a train in the station.  There was a surprise in the station shop.  A surprise in which I had to do a double take, then I'm still wasn't sure until the lovely lady said hello, it was Hen.  Lovely to see you all gain, hope you enjoyed your trip to Minehead and you didn't get too wet.  After a little chat we said our goodbyes to them walked back to the car and drove home in time to see darkness arrive and the heavens open again about an hour after last time!

8 comments:

  1. It was lovely listening to the sea Julie! I haven't been to the coast for a couple of years now and I miss it. How funny to see Hen at the station. I am sure I would recognise her too! I hope you feel refreshed after your time by the sea. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Julie!

    Your photos remind me of my summer hols down your way.

    P.S. Hopefully we'll get to meet up this year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. aahhh what a lovely post almost like a clip from a book ;-) I could have read more. Lovely photo's and the one of you ;-))) Happy new year to you both, dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely piccies of minehead ,Julie,We went there ,to Butlins when we were little,such great memories.It must be so wierd bumping into someone from blogland,they know so much about you ;) Had you met before? Hope your having a good day,lots of love,juliexxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie

    I've been enjoying looking at your photographs. Several of the venues brought back memories of when we visited them, mostly many years ago now! Thanks for showing the photographs.

    Keep up the visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Lovely to see your sunny seaside pictures...I love the sea at all times of the year! Enjoy your weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie,
    Happy New Year! Fancy bumping into you! What dreadful weather that day, though we were lucky to dodge the showers. Shame most of the railway shops etc were shut, a missed opportunity I think, as the trains were busy. We will have to choose a sunnier month to return!
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!