Sunday 8 May 2011

I didn't need to go shopping!

I really didn't need to go shopping again yesterday, we only needed bananas. As we were going to the to the Garden Centre which is near Tesco, we popped in, to get said bananas! I also bought this packet of chicken pieces.


In the box there was four drumsticks and three thighs..........



Made Chicken Korma.

Started it off in the pan then put it in a casserole dish to

finish off for the evening meal.


Inverted the casserole lid and baked two drumsticks

to have cold with salad for lunch today


Froze the other two for another day!


Served it with Spinach I bought on Tuesday. The Spinach was perfect in colour and texture despite in being three days old.

Wash the Spinach shake the water off, then melt a tablespoonful butter in a saucepan with grated nutmeg and ground pepper. When melted tip in the spinach and put the lid on the pan, turn off heat. After about a minute take the lid off the pan and the spinach should have collapsed into the butter, stir into the butter and serve.

Sorry eat my tea before I took the photos!

While we were in Tescos I saw these!







Aren't they bright and cheerful!

7 comments:

  1. A cheerful bunch of flowers is always a lovely treat!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inventive to cook the drumsticks on the casserole lid! Saving on electricity too! The Gerberas are lovely and cheerful to look at. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing tastes as good as a bargain meal - gorgeous Gerbers!

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its funny what you go in for and what you come out with its near impossible to come away without something extra i think ;-)) That chicken was a good buy by the looks of it although i am a vegetarian ;-)) Gorgeous flower's very bright and cheerful. Have a lovely week, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully cheerful flowers and I like the look of your vintage tiled fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love yellow stickers! Those flowers are so bright and cheerful. I just stumbled across your blog and thought I'd stop by and say 'hello' :) x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!