Friday 31 October 2008

Hallowe'en...........

.......the night when the dead are said to rise from their graves,
witches and goblins are thought to be at their most active.
The time for mishief making and magic!

A traditional Hallowe'en decoration is a Pumpkin or Turnip lantern head.
To make a Pumpkin or Turnip head slice of the top and and scoop out the
flesh. The cut a face into the skin and put a candle inside

From ghoulies and ghosties and long legged beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!
(Cornish prayer)


1 comment:

  1. I love the colours and costumes of Halloween, and the pumpkins, just hate the trick or treat thing, so I don't answer the door. How daft am I.
    Haven't carved our pumpkins yet, maybe tomorrow.
    I'm OK Julie, coping, as we women do. (didn't publish your comment, but have your email safely stored, thank you my friend)
    E
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!