Saturday 1 January 2011

1~1~11

We had a quiet New Years Eve. In bed asleep! We didn't even hear the fireworks which normally wake us up.
I wonder what delights the new year will bring...........last year our eldest son Michael married Elizabeth, that was a really lovely day.
I don't normally make resolutions as I find they last all of five minutes, but this year I thought I would set myself little tasks, like having a good tidy up and either use or throw things out. I have said this to myself for at least the last thirty odd years so we'll have to see how that goes! I'm sure I'll let you know if it worked or not!!!
I'm now off to take the decorations down, we always do on 1st January so we can start the new year afresh from day one and also going to write thank you cards for my lovely gifts which Santa brought.

10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Julie!

    We had a quiet New Years Eve too, which is just how I like it. I don't make resolutions either as I never keep to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you Julie.
    I don't tend to make resolutions as it's impossible to keep them! I think you're right, little tasks throughout the year is far better,
    Here's to a great 2011
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year! I wish I could take our decorations down, but my mother is so supersticious about these things she would have coniptions if she found out we hadn't waited 12 days! I once kept a decration up all year because it had been forgotten.

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it wasn't only us that were asleep at midinight! I did hear the fireworks however and went down to see if Bambi (cat) was OK as she hates them and found her hiding behind the pot plants! Luckily it all lasted about half and hour then it was back to sleep for all of us! Happy New Year - hadn't realised the date is 1/1/11!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Julie from deepest darkest Devon! Hope 2011 is a good one for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you I cannot wait to start anew.
    We heard the fireworks but soon went off to sleep again.
    Today it is lovely and sunny, a perfect new start.
    Good health to you and your family in 2011
    Briony

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, one of my new year resolutions is to have a clear out and to stop buying for the moment... how long will it last?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a very Happy New Year! ;-)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you Julie.. thank you for your lovely comment. I hope this year brings many happy days and nice surprises for you.
    Michele x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!