Wednesday 2 September 2009

Museli Biscuits

A wet Wednesday afternoon, what do you do, you make Muesli Biscuits, they are very quick to make! The recipe is from a really lovely book called Mary Berry's Cakes and Biscuits. I use the recipe plus half again and make eight very large biscuits.
Recipe according to Mary Berry - 4 ozs Butter, 2 ozs Sugar, One good tablespoon of Golden Syrup (put the spoon into hot water first), 4 ozs Self -raising Flour, 4 ozs Breakfast Muesli.
Put butter, sugar and syrup in a pan and heat gently until the butter has melted. Measure the remaining ingredients into a large bowl the pour in the melted mixture and stir well until thoroughly mixed. Spoon teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto prepared baking sheets leaving plenty of room. (We prefer large biscuits so I use a tablespoon!) Cook for about 15 - 20minutes
depending on the size of biscuit until golden brown
325 degrees F - 160 degrees C - Gas 3


Uncooked Mixture

Just come out of the oven!


Cooled ready for EATING

**********************************************

If you go down in the woods today,
You're sure of a big surprise.
here are two new items just been put in the shop

8 comments:

  1. Oh yum yum, heavenly biscuits!
    How cute your little boy down in the woods!
    Hope Caitlin is fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they do look good.....I'll give them a whirl tomorrow....I'm sure Olly would enjoy them!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Yum... must give those a whirl
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yummy!! i've been baking like mad at the moment, I'll email you about the ring, it does sound like what im looking for!! thanks so much, flissxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sure look yummy!
    Cheap and easy to make also!!
    My type of recipes!!!
    Thanks for sharing, and many thanks for your sweet comment, about my gift!
    I L.O.V.E what your tiennie teddy and bunting... So cute!

    ENJOY LIFE`S SIMPLE TREASURES,
    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that book also, thanks for reminding me, but since it's in a box somewhere (isn't everything just now) I'll use your recipe, especially as when you move you find that you have about 5 different boxes of muesli hiding in different cupboards, lol. I do an oatmeal and raisin cookie but this sounds simpler, less weighing out for one thing.
    E
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look really tasty. I am sure my son would appreciate these to have when he gets home from school. I am sure I could eat them any time of day! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Yum! Made me want to head off into the kitchen to make some! Lovely blog. Visit me some time, I would love you to. Suzie. x :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!