Friday 4 July 2014

D is for............................

DAISY


My Shasta Daisy is in bud, can't wait to see the large white blooms, with large yellow centres.  This is a large headed Daisy.  It is actually from stock that once belonged to my grandmother. Whenever our family moves house we always take part of the Daisy patch with us!  I hope our sons carry on the tradition!


Daisies that grow in the lawn


always get decapitated when the lawn is cut


they do grow again - but the same thing will happen again in a moment when we cut the grass again before it starts raining again.  But as they always do they will grow again.


I made a vintage style daisy brooch which is now for sale here

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a Shasta daisy. Please post a picture when it is in flower.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love daisies in the lawn. My lawn is covered in clover at the moment but I am leaving it a while for the bees to enjoy. Your vintage style daisy brooch is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent got any lawn daisies but lots of lovely white ones in the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have daisys from bygone days blooming, such lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!