Monday 7 July 2014

Chinese Silk, Two Dolly Pegs and a Willing Husband!


A couple of years ago I was given a skein of Chinese silk.  Hands up who remembers winding a skein of wool into a ball?  Today I needed a thickish blue thread, this silk was ideal, but we hit a snag.  What do I do, chair or husband.........  Alex (husband) who also remembers winding knitting wool into a ball was willing to hold the skein for ten minutes while I wound the silk into a ball, but being silk its springy, it would not have stayed in a ball.  

DING! 


Dolly Pegs


Push them together to form a cross


Wind the silk round the pegs working into a ball

7 comments:

  1. A great idea Julie! The blue silk looks gorgeous too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea and yes hands up here I do remember getting arm ache whilst my mother wound her wool into balls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect solution. I used to help my gran wind wool and I know hubby helped his mum too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with the pegs Julie! I have around 800g of yarn that needs winding and have been putting it off for far too long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea, Julie! Love the colour of the beautiful silk too.
    Happy week!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea Julie and the shade of blue is just beautiful!
    Hope you're having a good Tuesday,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!