Friday 11 April 2014

P is for..........

Plants, Primroses and Pots
and Photography

If it wasn't for this man none of us would have digital cameras to hand or carry them in our bags to snap picture here and there.  

 Two large yellow plants


I can never remember the name of this plant.  
Mum always called it "Billy Buttons"


Here is it's flower.
They seem to grow on the the straight stems


Forsythia


The Bluebell patch which sits by the drive




My Primroses



Two large pots that need weeding and sorting after the winter.
...............and my indoor Pot!
remember this 

Well as you see, we have a second growth!
the fifth flower did come out but the other four died before it was out fully


But we seem to have four buds again!
I wonder if we get a fifth............


This Amaryllis has been quite spectacular!

Alphabet blogging with Mum's Simply Living

11 comments:

  1. Whatever the Billy Buttons plant is, I love it. Can't say I've seen one though. That amarylliss was a good buy wasn't it.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely spring flowers Julie. I have that 'Billy Buttons' too but have no idea what it is called! The Amaryllis was good value wasn't it? How did the fair go? I hope you did well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The real name for Billy Buttons is Kerria Japonica. I just looked it up on Google, and another common name is Batchelors Buttons, so Billy was obviously not a married man. Joy x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy, I will try and remember the name
      Julie xxxxx

      Delete
  4. I was going to say Kerria japonica but Joy beat me to it. You have some lovely flowers out in your garden Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your spring garden flowers, and English Bluebells my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your amaryllis is truly spectacular.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing all your pretty flowers, Julie. I love to see primroses and bluebells especially.That amaryllis was a good investment!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is full of colour with your lovely yellow shrubs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing spring flowers x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fox Talbot lived in Lacock which is only a few miles away. Next time I go there I'll take some photos and do a post for you.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!