Friday 11 April 2008

Only tiny pieces of material left..............

I needed to make another square for my quilt, but I only had tiny pieces left.
Then I discovered "Stitch and Tear, and used it as foundation material.
This can be bought in most haberdashery shops/departments


I drew a template as accurate as possible,
making sure I included the 1/4" seam allowance.
Then I numbered the places in order for attaching the material
Attach the material, making sure the right sides face each other
and carefully machine along the drawn lines.
A quilt should be made with love in each stitch,
be careful that the small piece of material fits properly
by folding it across the machine line so it covers the square properly
otherwise there will be a few swear words added to the love !

When all the machining has been completed carefully tear the paper away

One 12" patchwork square completed awaiting sashing and quilting


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!