Friday, 30 June 2017

June Scavenger Hunt 2017


The Setting Sun


My local Wild Place, well, my whole garden is wild with weeds plants in the wrong place.  We call this patch Prickly Corner, it has Bramble, lots of Bramble, the Yucca  as well as Bind Weed and Ivy


It was on one of those very hot sunny days I sat in the garden very early one morning and sewed buttons a new knitted jumper I made my granddaughter for the winter with my Mug of Favourite Drink - Tea



Rainbows are My Kind of Beauty,  
The day I put all the bags in the boot of the car thinking I won't need them on my journey home, we drove through a rainbow on the way back from Devon once, it was beautiful.


Look to the Skies
I did a two blog posts last year about looking up!  Here and here.  I love weather vanes and always try and take photos of them.  Always look to the skies you don't know what you might see.......


 Mini Beasts
Dragonfly on a pond


A species of spider in the garden


The Elephant Hawk Moth Caterpillar


A rather pretty moth.
(Not the Elephant Hawk Moth)


This dragonfly didn't like being trapped in our conservatory so was rather noisy!


Butterflies


Sitting in a carpark watching the Rain rolling down the windscreen.


Something Summery


The Urban fox we saw in London whilst staying with our son and daughter-in-law



My Own Choice.
My Yucca Filamentosa, it only flowers every three years  
See second picture, the leaves are like serated knife blades

15 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, lovely selection once again - your mini beasts are excellent! I do love looking at the sky - so many folk miss out by not looking up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures Julie especially your mini beasts. Such a variety. I too like to look up in towns as well as the countryside as the shops below often hide the interesting original life of the building. The old Victorian buildings especially are so beautifully built. ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do agree with you about rainbows. I never tire of seeing them. I agree with Jak about looking up and the buildings over shops etc. You are lucky to see/have dragon flies. I rarely see any here, even though I am next to water. But I've plenty birds and mini-beasts to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow lots of mini beasts. Though that spider is pretty scary looking! The dragonfly above the pond is a great shot.I would love to see an urban fox again. London is the place to see them for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely things (as well as the not so lovely, not a fan of moths). I love the colours of your granddaughters new jumper and I think there's something magical about dragonflies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some lovey photos. I have always imagined foxes were small, about the size of a cat and whenever I see a photo of one where I have something to compare the size I am still always amazed.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant mini beasts, well done on capturing such a great selection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie - i love the weathervane - I've been on the lookout for one for years, but have never seen a nice one to buy. And that spider, oh my gosh lol
    Great selection of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely selection Julie , oh but I do not like spiders , the dragonflies are gorgeous and I could almost smell your lovely rose. We had a fox in our garden the other day but it was either very old or mange ridden . We used to see them a lot but not so much now. Looking forward to next month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos. I particularly like the weather vane. I will be on the look out for them from now on! J

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great selection you chose Julie, I remember your weather vane post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Julie, never mind the brambles you make lovely things for your granddaughter which is far more important. Actually, that looks like a wonderful corner of your garden, so I really wouldn’t mind the brambles. The Elephant Hawk Moth Caterpillar is amazing I don’t think I’ve seen one of those other than in pictures. Thank you for sharing so many beautiful photographs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an interesting collection of lovely pictures Julie. I love the weathervane....that is an unusual one! It's good advice to look up when taking pictures too. Happy weekend. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely pictures, Julie. I love them.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!