Saturday, 1 April 2017

Week Thirteen


We are now thirteen weeks into the year.  I haven't written about things since week six.  I could bore you with tidying and giving loads of stuff away to charity shops, putting on freecycle, and as fast as I am getting rid, a friend knocked on my door and said would you like this, didn't have the heart to say I was having a "grand sort out".  I took the item graciously, and actually the items were really nice, they were beautiful bamboo knitting needles so yes I kept them and shall be giving away my old metal ones.

Last Sunday 26th March


Our eldest son was 36 years old

Last Sunday was also Mothering Sunday. I was given loads of beautiful flowers from family and friends too.  I had beautiful bouquets of flowers from my sons for Mothering Sunday. I had Hyacinth Bulbs from Saffy a little girl who I teach needlework on Saturday mornings, and I had a pot of Lilies from my friend Jane










Thursday went for coffee with my friend Heather. she also had some of my junk sequins and beads for her grand-daughter
and on Friday had lunch with my friend Janice.  Her birthday was last week and mine is next week.


and this little one is two months old now, where did  those couple of months go...........  she is the daughter of our eldest in the picture above




Some of her new wardrobe............ "granny knits"

11 comments:

  1. Birthday wishes to all mentioned above. Lovely flowers & the little cutie above is certainly growing & even seems she is smiling. The little jackets are so cute. Well done. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joyful selection of flowers and knits! We're trying for a grand clear out too but keep being given things ... suspect from folk doing the same! I can't believe it is already 13 weeks into the new year! Good grief! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers and gorgeous little girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were certainly spoiled on Mother's Day with all the beautiful flowers! Your new little Granddaughter is adorable! She is very lucky to have her knitwear handmade. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful baby makes and a beautiful baby! Your flowers are lovely. It seems like you've had a good week Julie. And yes, they do grow too fast. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, your son is a month younger than me!!! The knits for the baby are beautiful.
    Your flowers are really pretty- what a lovely bunch to receive!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the knits, how quickly the time flies, Will is not 6 weeks old, and we can't imagine a time without him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a lovely cheeky grin on your sons face, his daughter looks rather scrumptious too and very beautiful cardigans xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to catch up on all of your news and what you have been up to. I am in clear out mode too it is a good feeling isn't it. You do need to work hard though not to get more stuff don't you. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful collection of pretty flowers and a nice collection of granny knits too.

    ReplyDelete

  11. Hello Julie,
    I love the fact you shared the photo of your son as a young boy along with his daughter. Such a nice thing to do. Happy Birthday to you (hope I’m not too late). Hugs Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!