Sunday, 20 November 2016

Quilts for the grandchildren


I made the above quilt in less than four weeks.  This one is for my youngest grand-daughter.  I decided that this year for Christmas they were going to have something handmade and practical.  The pinky stripes and stars are actually pin head polka dots in red on white background


The main squares are crazy patchwork, done as foundation work, the stars are appliqued on and machined on too.  This quilt is for a little girl who will be three in January.  


As you can see the backing and the main colour of the quilt is red.  I had to do it.....  as her name is Scarlett!


This is a her brother Liam's quilt, can be seen here


This is Caitlin's quilt, can be seen here

I had made Caitlin's last year but never gave it to her until I had completed her brother and sister's quilts.  After I finished Caitlin's quilt I didn't pick any crafting for about a year.  I just didn't feel like doing anything for nearly a year.

(click pictures to enlarge)


10 comments:

  1. They are just beautiful. What lovely, personal gifts to receive from Nanny. Perfect. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky grandchildren. I have made bunting for two of our grandsons, each with their names on. I am enjoying using my sewing machine again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure they will appreciate their lovely heirloom gifts Julie. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three very lucky grandchildren, with gifts to cherish for a long time from a clever grandma. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julie, I did click on the pictures so that I could see them all clearly, they are beautiful! I love the message you put on Scarlett’s quilt. She will have that to treasure for always. I used to sew a lot when my son was small but really don’t do anything at all now. The last things I made were two dressing up outfits for my little granddaughters when they stayed with us at Christmas. I enjoyed it, but my fingers were sore for weeks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the true meaning of Christmas Julie, your grandchildren will love their very special gifts I am sure. They are gorgeous. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts are beautiful Julie! I love the name Scarlett and I love her pretty new quilt. These are sure to become treasured family heirlooms.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are utterly exquisite! You are extremely talented! I hope they love them. I especially love Scarlett's personalisation!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your grandchildren will treasure these beauties forever.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so beautiful Julie, sewn with love and to be treasured xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!