Tuesday, 21 June 2016

Our Holiday....... part 1

This time last week we were half way through our holiday. Despite the weather, rain hail, thunder..... We spent time in Dartmouth, visited Dittisham, a place we know well as my parents lived there for nearly twenty years.
We even saw a wedding and the bride and groom travelled up the river dart to their wedding reception, on the way the groom opening a bottle of champagne with a sword.

We were very disappointed with Totnes. We went to Totnes on a Tuesday when the locals were suppose to dress up in Elizabethan costume, there was precisely three people dressed up!

I hope you don't get bored......... Make a cuppa and look at the pictures

They are here



7 comments:

  1. Love you keep all your photo's together on another blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see your photos! It is a beautiful part of the world isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely coastline, enjoyed the pictures xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photographs. It's an area I've not yet visited. I'm glad you were able to have a good time despite the weather. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Used live there years ago, nice to see familiar places x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The locals in Totnes used to dress up on Elizabethan Day (Tuesday) but in recent times this seems to have fallen by the wayside, I think they're fed up with it after doing it for 30 years or more! But Totnes it lovely, with so many individual shops and a castle at the top of the hill and a river at the bottom and many genuine Elizabethan buildings.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totnes is lovely whatever. We love the little individual shops, thats the best part we think. I've been going there since I was about four years old so I know the places well and believe me nothing much has changed in Totnes!

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!