Sunday, 10 April 2016

Look Up! continued.............

Continuing from  last week, I love weather vanes, especially the unusual ones.  There are loads between us and our big town, a stag, pair of owls, and a silver pig to name  three.  Some are just plain with the the North, East, West and South and a pointer.   The three I named I cannot photograph because there is nowhere to stop the car without endangering other road users.

These weather vanes I have taken on trips out......


Dartmouth Devon 


Lytes Cary Manor Somerton Somerset

Near Glastonbury


Oxford


Tavistock Devon


West Somerset Railway (Bishop Lydeard)

9 comments:

  1. Golly, what a lot - I must look up more often to see if there are any around where I live.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I've seen many around where I live, perhaps I don't look up often enough. I think my favourite is the one from near Glastonbury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a few interesting ones round here, I have taken photos of some but should really record the others too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh aren't they wonderful!! I love them. We have one on our school but I've not noticed loads others. I hope you are well!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I love weather vanes as well. I always feel that there must be a story behind them.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to start and look out for weather vanes now! I recently noticed our neighbour has one in his back garden but my husband said it has been there for years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are amazing. Like Simone I'm going to start looking out for them, I might even try photographing a few. You never know they might turn up on my blog one day. Have a lovely rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love decorative weather vanes...you found some lovely ones Julie. And looking up is such good advice!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubby made me weathervane, it has a black cat chasing a mouse. I do love to see the different ones when I am out and about

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!