Sunday, 13 March 2016

Matching things............

As most of you all know I collect vintage needlework magazines.  (My collection has expanded since that photograph was taken).  I think out of all my collection I prefer the Needlewoman which pre-dated the Needlewoman and Needlecraft which started in 1940,  Needlewoman was magazine issued between the Great War  right up to WW2 when it was combined with Needlecraft magazine.  


It was a quarterly magazine at first but I think it was quite a popular magazine because it became a monthly magazine


It is lovely to be able to match items up belonging to the magazines.  The magazine dated May 1934 a recent purchase from Ebay, but the embroidery my mother picked up at a jumble sale in the eighties, which I inherited and tucked away to do one day........... I think the day has come...... it has been started, and I think I would like to finish it.  


Although the little egg cosy is modern, probably sixties by the feel of the yarn (Bri-nylon feel), the pattern is March 1934.

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful! And I didn't know you collected vintage stitchery magazine .. Enjoyed this thoroughly. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find. Enjoy the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to be able to match up the projects to the magazines! That looks like it is going to be a very intricate embroidery. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that's so cool to have found it!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing you were able to match them up. I love vintage magazines and have quite a few in my collection. I shared one about 60s homemaking last week and reading your post has inspired me to do another one in a few weeks time. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. aahh that's great you have been able to match things especially the needle point from your mum that's amazing and I think that is def an omen to finish it :-) dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vintage magazines, what a success. And that little egg cozy lady is so very sweet.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What were the chances of that! It was meant to be I reckon. I keep meaning to go through my vintage needlework transfer collection and see if they match any of the needlework magazines in my archives xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ! Very nice,,,i really like it..
    _______
    Fashions

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister and I had egg cosies like that when we were small! Hers was pretty in lilac and pink and mine was...sludge green! Mine also has a very cross-looking face, probably because she didn't get a lilac skirt! I think I still have her somewhere...x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!