Wednesday, 27 January 2016

What have you been reading..........?

End of last year I thought to myself I haven't read a proper book in a while, well quite a while in fact.  I borrowed these from my friend and loved each an every one for different reasons.  I have to admit I do go for biographies or autobiographies rather than fiction, but then saying that I am now reading again Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, which I enjoyed in my early teens along with Jeeves and Wooster, so I will probably re-read those too at some point.

(Click on photos to enlarge)



This book was quite interesting reading about the girls at the Butlin's holiday camps and how it wasn't a holiday for them although they really enjoyed themselves



This book is so funny.  It brought the little Norman Thewell cartoons to life.  I am not a horse person at all yet I absolutely loved this book.  I recommend it to non-horse lovers too.



This book is about a young girl who became a landgirl who loved the land so much she and her husband farmed after the war too.


********************************

Since Christmas I lost five followers, then I have lost another two, and only in the last five minutes lost another two!  What is going on, at this rate I won't have followers left!

9 comments:

  1. Interesting selection.

    I've just finished reading Victoria Hislop's The Sunrise. Part true showing the war between Turkish Cypriots and Greek Cypriots and a novel as well so you learn as you read, an interesting story. I've read all her books and they are all the same, the Island being about Spinalonga the Lepar Colony and The Thread being about sewing and Thesalonika.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three look good,I seem to be stuck on historical crime at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll vouch for Julie's choice. The Island was a brilliant book. I've been losing followers too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, these all look good!!! I'm reading a readers digest set of condensed books set in the usa. Very good so far and not v long!! Yes, my followers have been doing that too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Butlins books look interesting, i like biographys sometimes, it breaks up the sameness of some books.
    many people have disappeated from the blogging world, which is a shame, perhaps why some of your followers have gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Butlins books look interesting, i like biographys sometimes, it breaks up the sameness of some books.
    many people have disappeated from the blogging world, which is a shame, perhaps why some of your followers have gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't read any of those but the Butlins Girls sound like a good read, especially since mum used to take me and my brother to Butlins each year in the 60's.
    I've just read Jane Eyre-I love that story and have read it before. I'm re-reading the Harry Potter books right now, but am trying to start Judy A Dog in a Million (but it's about the prisoners of war, so I need to be in a strong frame of mind to read it). I've also finished Toms Midnight Garden, don't know how I missed this as a child as I'd have loved it then as I do now.
    I think the followers thing is just people having a clear out for the new year and perhaps some stopping blogging too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popped in to read your blog - hello! Re loosing followers. I've read 'lifeaftermoney' blog post for today and she talks about losing followers because of changes made by Google. I'm not a blogger so didn't understand but it might make sense to you as you seem to be having the same issue as 'meanqueen' re loss of followers. You could check out what she has to say. Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Along that country road and the one about Butlin's sound like the kind of books I like to read - thank you for telling us about them. As for followers, I think it more likely to be something Google are up to rather than anything you are doing. Now I need to go and check my followers not that I will be able to do anything about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!