Tuesday, 29 December 2015

Christmas.......there it was gone!


Christmas this year was spent with my 83 year old dad.  We arrived at his flat about midday on Christmas Eve, and didn't leave only for a quick bit of shopping for something extra for lunch on Christmas Eve at 9.30am on Boxing Day.  Its a good job we don't suffer from cabin fever that's all I can say!  It rained from the time we arrived to the time we left, which left me thinking of the poor people in Cumbria and Leeds and other surrounding areas on how they spent their Christmas.  Those poor people who were throwing their Christmas and their homes into the street.  No words can express the heartbreak for them.

I cooked Christmas lunch, on Christmas day, but I cooked the meat when we arrived so it was ready to use.  It was so much easier, I was using a cooker I knew nothing about, but everything turned out well.


Boxing Day, we packed up as we were going home via our youngest sons house.  We took dad too,  It was lovely to see them,  Steph goes to her large family on Christmas day so the children were thoroughly spoilt on Christmas Day, then Santa arrived again on Boxing Day in the form of their other nanny and grandad and great grandad.  This time we had a lovely meal out in the local pub.  Then Peter took his grandad home and we came home.


Alex and I opened our presents from our wonderful friends on the 27th December.  We had lots of lovely goodies, mostly edible.  My lovely best friend Jane knows me very well and knows how much I  love Amaryllis bulbs and bought me another one, I also purchased one for myself.  Jane's is the larger on on the left, and mine is the one on the right.  They are both........ no I won't tell you the colour of them I'll keep it as a surprise for all to see.  I will blog a post about them every Saturday or Sunday.  

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good Christmas, I have an Amaryllis growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had the perfect family Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a lovely Christmas!!!Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet your Dad was so happy that you spent Christmas with him! It's good that you got time to spend with other members of the family too. I bought an Amaryllis but I am not starting it off until Jan 1st! We will have to compare how they do. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely family filled christmas - perfect :) Thank you too for organising the Advent calendar this year xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!